Achievement Matters is a coordinated, intensified and sustained effort to raise the achievement levels of Black Americans and other youth of color within the Miami-Dade Public School system, while strengthening their social skills. The program utilizes a combination of community education, mobilization and advocacy to support youth, and hold public policy makers accountable for delivering services to youth that work.
Students enrolled in the program receive one-on-one instruction, homework assistance, worships, activities and tutorials related to FCAT, SAT and PSAT test preparation. Key areas of focus included parental involvement, life skills training, mentoring, tutoring and cultural enrichment, along with educational and social services designed to improve academic performance and psychological development.
• Citigroup Foundation
• College Board Partnership
• Fisher Island Philanthropic Foundation
• Health Foundation of Florida
• Jason Taylor Foundation
• Rick Ross Charities, Inc.
• South Florida Youth Foundation
• The Thurston Group
• United Way of Miami-Dade County
• Valerie Davis Bailey State Farm Insurance •